Grilled Summer Corn & Avocado Arugula Salad
Summer is here which means cooling refreshing salads are on my go-to list of foods.
Salads are great all year round for sure but this grilled corn and avocado arugula salad love tastes bests when corn is in season May – September!
This recipe is really easy and doesn’t take a lot of work at all, its all about mixing is the right kind of fresh ingredients to bring out their true flavor profiles.
If you don’t like a lot of spice, feel free to eliminate or reduce the amount of jalapeno you put in. I saw a similar salad on one of my favorite shows “Farmhouse Rules” where she made grilled shrimp and this salad with a few different adjustments.
The salad is fast and easy enough to make as a party serving or keep it all to yourself. Because this is a grilled salad you want to make sure you have grill pan or grill easily assessable. I use this grill, which is easy to clean and store away with the rest of your pots and pans.
Let’s get into this salad tho!
Grilled Summer Corn and Avocado Arugula Salad
- Stovetop Grill Pan
- 2 cup Arugula
- 2 tbsp Vegan Butter
- 2 Garlic Cloves Minced
- 1 Avocado Pitted and Chopped
- 13 oz Can of Black Eye Peas Drained and Rinsed
- 2 Ears of Corn Husked and Cleaned
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup Lightly chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp Lightly chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 small Red onion or half of a medium onion
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 Jalapeno diced
- 1 lime juiced
- Salt & Ground Black Pepper
- Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat.
- In a small saucepan set over medium heat, melt the butter and garlic together. Brush the corn with the butter mixture.
- Grill the corn until slightly charred and cooked through, about 5 minutes per side. Remove from the heat, then cut the kernels from the cobs and place in a large bowl.
- Stir in the arugula, cilantro, oil, parsley, avocados, black-eyed peas, jalapeños, lime juice and onions.
- Season according to taste with the paprika and some salt and pepper.